Your privacy and how we handle your data are of utmost importance to us, so we adhere to strict guidelines about how we gather and use your personal information.
We hope you enjoy your experience using the The Rose & Crown website. During doing so, we collect certain personal details from you to allow us to deal with your enquiry and provide the best possible service. Should you need to contact us regarding this policy and the use of your information you can do this by either:
Telephone: 01279 812107
Letter: The Rose & Crown, Bentfield Green, Stansted Mountfitchet CM24 8HP
What information do we collect?
If you enter your personal details on our website, we’ll ask you for your name, address, telephone number and email address. As part of our commitment to raising standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (conversations, emails, text etc.) for quality assurance, legal, compliance purposes. Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect any of the following information:
a) Information about our website visitors
b) Information about the goods or services we provide to you
c) Information needed to provide goods or services to you (including information on account opening forms, details of your order, order history, payment details, delivery address, delivery requirements and restrictions, trade references and tax information); customer services information; and customer relationship management and marketing information.
How do we use this information?
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
• to allow us to follow up our service, either by email, telephone, text or mail, as part of our customer care procedure
• to help us to understand your needs and provide a better service
• to enable us to send you information about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting
• to administer our website
• to facilitate our internal record keeping
• to enable you to participate in our competitions and promotions
• to process orders which you place for goods or services from us
• to prepare before and after photographs of enhancements to your property to use for marketing purposes if this is agreed with you prior to the photographs being taken
• to monitor your interactions with us
• to contact you to invite you to write a news article about our products and services; to invite you to events, send you promotional material and for press releases if you are a journalist, where it is in our legitimate interests
Providing goods and services to you:
• to provide relevant goods or services to you or your employer (including, to confirm and process orders, for administration of your account with us
• to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our goods and services, including any questions you may have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes
• to send you certain communications (including by email or post) about our goods and services such as service announcements and administrative messages (for example, setting out changes to our terms and conditions and keeping you informed about our fees and charges)
• for health and safety and quality assurance
• to carry out statistical analysis and market research
• to contact you (including by email or post) with information about our products and services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters), but only where you have consented to this
• to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so
• to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
We may use service providers (e.g. delivery companies etc.) to help us provide you with our services. Your personal information will be made available to other employees, temporary staff and contractors, agencies and suppliers during providing our services. Access to your personal information is limited to those employees who need to know the personal information, and may include corporate services, legal, information technology, and finance departments, internally.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
During processing your enquiry or order with us, this may require us to give information to third party companies we deal with. We’ve taken steps to ensure that all these companies have the same level of data protection as us.
We will share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
• other parties such as legal and regulatory authorities, accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; and
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity
• to enforce our contract with you, to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees, customers, suppliers or other persons.
Restrictions on use of personal information by recipients
Save as expressly detailed above, we will never share, sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party to use in their own marketing activities, without notifying you and/or obtaining your consent. Where you have given your consent for us to use your information in a way, but later change your mind, you should contact us, and we will stop doing so.
We may collect and use your personal information for undertaking marketing by email, telephone and post. We may send you certain marketing communications (including electronic marketing communications to existing customers) if it is in our legitimate interests to do so for marketing and legitimate business purposes. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can contact us by email or telephone.
Data research and accuracy
On occasion we may also use your personal information for research purposes so that we can improve our services. We also feature case studies on our website, we will always obtain your prior consent before using your data in this way.
Data profiling and analysis
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information under data protection legislation. You have the right to request that we:
• provide access to any personal information which we hold about you;
• update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
• delete any personal information which we hold about you;
• restrict the way that we process your personal information;
• provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services;
• provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you; or
• consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
If we have asked for your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information for certain activities (for example, for profiling your web activity) or consent to market to you, you may withdraw your consent at any time, by emailing, calling or writing to us.
How long will your information be held?
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is used or otherwise processed. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. The length of time we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our contractual obligations with you. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Transfers of Information
The personal information may be processed by third party data processors for the purposes mentioned in this policy.
We are committed to protecting personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unavailability, unauthorised access and destruction and takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information
During provision of your personal data to us, your personal information may be transferred over the internet. Although we make every effort to protect the personal information which you provide to us, the transmission of information between you and us over the internet is not completely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us over the internet and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. Once you leave our site, remember that we cannot control the protection and privacy of any information you provide to another site.
Telling us when things change
You can help us keep our records up to date by telling us when your contact details and other personal information changes.
If you request to receive no further contact from us, we will keep the information we hold on you and add you to our suppression lists to ensure that you do not receive unwanted communication in the future you can do so using any of the contact options above.
This website is for your personal use only. You may not distribute exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from our site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purposes. If you comply with the terms of these Terms & Conditions of Use, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited right to enter and use this Site. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of this Site in any way. All materials on this site, everything including images, text and connected software is owned or licensed to us and explicitly cannot be used unless prior agreement has been given by us.
Further questions or making a complaint
We will investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information. A third-party administrative company may be used to support our complaint handling processes. If you are not satisfied with the response from us, you can contact the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (Telephone number: 01625 545745; Fax: 01625 524510; email: email@example.com). Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.